Memed Again! 7 Things...
Oh, that number 7. Traditional lucky digit, weird upside-down "L" looking thing we first scribbled with the aid of someone just like Grover here. The Fabulous Miss Jaay was kind enough to include me on this particular meme making its way through the blogosphere. This post is chock-full of Vanessa-information, in nubbins of seven...
Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Grow a proper garden with culinary and medicinal herbs, vegetables, and things that attract butterflies.
2. Write a play and/or a book.
3. View Picasso's "La Porteuse de Pain" in person. (See above)
4. Study more languages—how cool would it be to discover the "mother-tongue?"
5. Do a triathalon, Iron Man, Eco-Challenge-type-athletic thingy...
6. Eat a tree-ripened avocado just off of the tree
photo by Shauna Austin
Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Swing across a full set of monkey bars. I blame the short midget-like fingers.
2. Make shortbread. (yet)
3. Make brownies. (yet)
4. Not laugh at fart jokes.
5. Live without animals.
6. Go to sleep without the T.V. or radio on.
7. Roll my tongue.
Seven Things That Attract Me To Blogging
1. The writing.
2. The people.
3. The food.
4. The photography.
5. The food porn.
6. The obsessive-compulsive nature of it all.
7. The commitment—overcoming the phobia of, anyway.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. "I'm hungry."
2. "Want to go eat?"
3. "Want to come over for dinner?
4. "Pretty much."
7. "I need something sour."
1. The God of Small Things by Arundathi Roy
2. The Stranger by Albert Camus
3. The Hours by Michael Cunningham
4. "The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov (OK, not a book, but close enough)
5. Toast by Nigel Slater
6. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
7. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Seven Movies/DVDs I Watch Over and Over Again
1. Seven Samurai (Kurosawa)
2. All About My Mother (Almodovar)
3. Chapelle's Show Seasons 1 & 2
4. The Family Guy Seasons 1 & 2
5. Little Britain
6. 8 1/2 (Fellini)
7. Anything produced from PBS' NOVA *NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT!*
Well, I've really no idea who's done this or not. There are only so many archives of the many blogs I read to go through. So I'll invite the whole world to share in the seven joy—I meme all of you (who haven't done it anyway).